Tips from Trish
Your Wedding Planner is Terrific…but know that there are some things that only you and/or your family can deal with!
Your planner can help with a truck load of issues and projects that will help you pull off your vision of your wedding. They can help you screen and hire local vendors. They can see that everything goes as planned from your walk down the aisle to your honeymoon get away. They can help you save money and stretch a wedding budget, but there are some things and decisions that the bride and her family must control.
- They can’t manage who sits where. They can suggest and assist but only you know the complex family relationships and arrangements that govern who sits where and why. You must make those decisions. You communicate those decisions and he/she can handle the mechanics of it. They can offer ideas, facilitate compromises, but in the end it is your decision.
- They can’t change your budget. Only you know how much you can afford to spend. Be honest with your planner and let him/her help you have the fabulous wedding within those budget guidelines.
- They can’t select the members of your wedding party. Only you can decide who matters enough in your life to be selected to be a member of your wedding party. No one else can make that decision. They can offer opinions, but in the end it’s your call.
- They can’t select your music. Only you and your groom can make the final call. They can offer a wide variety of options. They can suggest bands, string quartets, vocalists. You make the choices.
- They can’t write your vows. They can offer suggestions, help you think through options, suggest resources, but vows are a highly personal statement of what the bride and groom mean to each other.
- They can’t write your Thank You Notes.
We would love to hear what you think. Have any additional tips for working with your wedding planner?